If you’re seeking intellectual growth, limitless opportunity and a team that not only has your back but challenges you too, then Kahuna is the place for you. We’re looking for inspired, passionate thinkers and doers to help us with our mission.
The Kahuna Mission
Kahuna is obsessed with continuously improving how digital marketplaces engage with buyers and sellers in a meaningful way.
Although marketplaces are complex entities, the Kahuna team is diligently committed to addressing their evolving needs and challenges. By working closely with clients and conducting ongoing research, we aim to stay ahead of the curve.
Kahuna Core Values
What We Offer
We’ve got you covered. We offer 90% coverage for your medical plan and cover your dependents at 50%. We also offer dental and vision coverage.
Balance & Rest
We believe in work-life balance. Seriously. In addition to 10 paid holidays, we have a flexible vacation policy. Just check in with your manager when you need time off.
Kahuna’s HQ is located in downtown Redwood City and offers a spacious modern workplace and is conveniently located across the street from Caltrain. Our Singapore office is located in the heart of downtown, easily accessible to public transportation and other resources.
We hire the best and believe that all full-time employees should have an equity stake in our future success, so stock options come with every full-time role.
Food & Drink
Employees enjoy a scrumptious menu for team lunches and happy hour every Thursday. We also have a kitchen stocked with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks.
We offer a 401(k) plan, flex spending & commuter benefits plans, subsidies for cell phone reimbursement, and an annual stipend for continuing education and professional development.
Current Open Positions
Senior UI Engineer
Kahuna helps successful B2C marketers fully leverage their consumer data to improve message engagement and conversion. Using AI algorithms, we make consumer messaging intelligent.
What you get to do every day:
- Design and implement new UI components, features, bug fixes and enhancements, working with ES6, ReactJS, and style sheets(html5/css3)
- Build unit tests using Jasmine and Karma
- Be a collaborative and valuable member of the team that is responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Continuously stay on top of industry tools and trends in web development
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years’ experience developing applications with ReactJS or similar technology
- Familiar with Jasmine or similar test framework
- Solid understanding of NPM, NodeJs, Gulp, RequireJS
Technical Support Specialist
Kahuna is the trusted leader for successful marketers and product managers to delight their customers in the mobile era. We’re looking for a Technical Support Specialist who loves working with customers and technology. The Technical Support Specialist is part of the wider Customer Success team. This team member works with Kahuna customers to support their technology and marketing needs. As a Technical Support Specialist, you represent the voice of the customers, ensure successful onboarding and long-term satisfaction with the Kahuna platform. This includes proactively and reactively responding to customers’ needs, troubleshooting issues, and championing our customers to internal teams. This is a technical role driven by business objectives and measured by the impact on both our customers and Kahuna.
- Answer all questions over phone, email, and chat related to Kahuna and escalate when necessary
- Educate and empower our customers to become better Kahuna users
- Own the customer experience and work to exceed their expectations. We want to treat our customers as if you would treat a guest in your own home.
- Proactively look for solutions to problems and propose improvements if something could work better
- Be the customer’s ambassador for all internal departments to help customers be successful in their roles
- Drive product requests and improvement to make Kahuna the leading marketing platform
Ideal Candidates Possess
- You love talking to people on the phone, email, or chat to build relationships with your customers
- You are able to empathize with customers in a genuine way that lets them know you care about their issues
- You’re a team player that can follow and lead as situations dictate
- You’re able to make decisions and solve problems
- You have an ability to explain complex issues in beautifully simple terms
- You’re able to plan, organize, and prioritize work – this role wears many hats!
Technical or Tech Marketing Skills and Experience required:
- At least 2-3 years experience in Customer Service
- Ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on customer issues as well as replicate and document for further escalation
- Knowledge of common help desk/ticketing solutions, JIRA, Zendesk
- Familiarity with email routing or email service providers is a benefit.
The Implementation Manager will manage a portfolio of enterprise deployments from requirements definition to system integration to deployment. You will work closely with your client project teams to define and deliver inspiring end-to-end solutions that leverage cross-channel digital marketing best practices. You will use and continuously improve on Kahuna’s onboarding methodologies and processes to ensure efficient, consistent, and scalable implementation of our solutions.
In addition, you will have direct, ongoing conversations with the Product and Engineering teams to influence the future product roadmap. The Implementation Manager is accountable for meeting and surpassing client expectations in a way that ultimately promotes the highest levels of adoption, retention and ROI.
- Lead enterprise implementations, onboarding and training.
- Become proficient in industry best practices related to cross-channel digital marketing
- Define customer experience and technical requirements to meet client business objectives.
- Work with client teams and internal resources to actively identify and mitigate issues and manage risk.
- Prioritize client deliverables for internal product, engineering and design teams
- Contribute to scalability of the Customer Success team with documentation, process optimization and cross-training.
- Monitor industry trends, client news, and experience innovations to add measurable value to client engagements.
- Minimum 3 years experience in customer facing enterprise level software implementation, technical account management, technology consulting, or systems integration roles.
- Ability to successfully deliver multiple projects simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with marketing automation and analytics platforms.
- Experience architecting solutions, integrations, and system communications.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires strong time-management and prioritization skills.
- Executive level interpersonal, project management, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates ability to listen carefully to truly understand client needs and concerns.
- Relevant experience monitoring project progress and taking corrective action to ensure goals are met.
- Ability to work with both technical and business stakeholders
- BA/BS required.
How to Apply
If you think you’d make a good fit for any of the above job postings, please send your resume as an attachment to email@example.com, including the title of the job position in the subject line. We’ll get back to you soon. Thank you for your interest in Kahuna!
“When I joined Kahuna, I was able to make an impact on my team right away. The company is super supportive of its employees and I feel encouraged every day to bring all my experience and skills to help build and support a great product.”
“I really love coming into the office with an idea in my head only to be stopped by someone else telling me they have an idea! That’s the best way to start the day. It happens often.”
“I have never worked anywhere that has given me such strategic and creative freedom than at Kahuna. The culture here gives me the confidence to speak up and bring my ideas to the table—and I know I'll be heard.”